How can you say no to this?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
whats_happening_stores.jpg

might be worth it for the serrated blades! after all, the Western and Asian knives will come back serrated, so they should at least have that one down pat. ;)

might be worth it for the serrated blades! after all, the Western and Asian knives will come back serrated, so they should at least have that one down pat. ;)

Actually, you do have a point there. I HATE sharpening serrated blades.

haha, they offered me a job there. they needed someone to sell knives that knew what they were talking about. needless to say i turned them down

i wonder how many pennies tall the "perfect angle" on their "professional sharpening machine" is.

I want to know what inexactitude was built into their old and/or non-commercial sharpeners.

I am going to bring that cleaver to them. Should kill that chef choice's thing right up.

I have a family member who works at our local SLT. When they started this promotion at their location a couple months ago, they got a TON of knives, and that exact thing happened. They killed their ChefsChoice.

Yah, I just purchased a ZK parer today, and they offered to have it sharpened....I laughed, and ran! Not a bad little knife, though....

The only thing worse would be if Williams-Sonoma sharpened knives. Someone should bring in a thick-ass beat up single-bevel deba and see what happens. Just watch the SLT employees when their confusion turns to fear and their chef's choice machine shakes and groans.

k.

I keep thinking how much fun it would be to bring in a worn out Beatty cleaver all thick & crusty with edge chips. It'd have to be one that fits in the machine though. This (to me) is funny on several levels because first off the looks that they'll cast will be classic but then when it hits the wheels the sparks and noise that will come from that machine will be like something they could never imagine. You see Beatty used cast steel and it showers sparks from fine grit belts let alone a coarse diamond wheel. Priceless! :D

Oh man I am so tempted to do this. I could clean it up just a tad, make it believable...

DO IT. Make sure you record it, too.:pirate1:

Back