New in NJ

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notontherug

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just checking in to say Hi. I've always been interested in knives and quality steel. I have a small collection of quality hunting knives and EDC knives, and I am an avid home cook and foodie. This is my first real exploration in to quality kitchen knives, aside from a few Shun knives and that I picked up over the years and an old 10" wusthof that was handed down to me.

I've been lingering on forums and reading everything I can read about knives lately and I just made my first purchase the other day. I wanted to purchase a 210 because my wife will be using it as well, and she feels far more comfortable with the 210/8" range than she does with the 240/10" range.

I also wanted a knife with a kurouchi finish. I just love the way they look.

I sharpen my own knives, but I went ahead and ordered some better stones and have been watching plenty of youtube vids in order to brush up on my technique.

My budget was $200. I found a Shiro Kamo AS on CKTG and I ordered it last night. Any thoughts on that knife? Pros, cons, etc?

Thanks everyone

Yup. I'm in the 908 myself. Welcome aboard!

...I found a Shiro Kamo AS on CKTG and I ordered it last night. Any thoughts on that knife? Pros, cons, etc?

Thanks everyone

Isn't it a little late for opinions on your purchase? LOL! You are going to love the knife. It is going to perform better than anything else that you've owned up to this point. Good luck and enjoy the sharpening.

Yup. I'm in the 908 myself. Welcome aboard!

WELCOME !! 973 in da house
908 baby! Lived most of my life in Hunterdon County, moved around the east coast for a while, been in Warren County for the past 7 years
Isn't it a little late for opinions on your purchase? LOL! You are going to love the knife. It is going to perform better than anything else that you've owned up to this point. Good luck and enjoy the sharpening.

Yeah kind of. I still just want to know what people think anyway

Welcome! Would love to hear what you think of your new knife; willing to bet you really like it.

It's due to arrive on Wednesday, so I'll keep everyone updated

Back