wife used knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndavid

Reaction score
My wife used my tojiro dp gyuto to cut some frozen cookie dough ....

I cant see any chips on the blade - is there anything i should do? I thought about taking my bester 1200 and redoing the edge a little to prevent any microchips from showing up or getting worse if there are any.

I need to buy a beater for my wife to use - any suggestions?

If you can't see damage, likely there is not damage. Cut some peppers and tomatoes.

Rather than buying her a beater, give her the DP. Then get yourself a knife:groucho:

(If we're not enablers, enabling, what would we be?)

"Rather than buying her a beater, give her the DP. Then get yourself a knife"

Some of us here do have a mind with a branch office in the gutter. And we're snickering.

and back on topic..
i like DaveB's advice..i hope you didnt yell at her..it's just a knife.

Burnt... Retinas... Still can't get the image of "giving the wife the DP" out of my mind. OP please don't post photos of yourself... or her.

/me slaps all of you around a bit with a large trout :nunchucks:

"Rather than buying her a beater, give her the DP. Then get yourself a knife"

Some of us here do have a mind with a branch office in the gutter. And we're snickering.
It took me a trip to the Urban Dictionary (better than asking my daughter) and I now know you kids for sick, twisted bastards. Gives me hope for the future.:cool2:

Tell me about it. Everytime i reach around there's a cream pie in my face. My only way to relax is with a tea bag and a muffin.

If you can't see damage, likely there is not damage. Cut some peppers and tomatoes.

Rather than buying her a beater, give her the DP. Then get yourself a knife:groucho:

(If we're not enablers, enabling, what would we be?)

Yes, I agree, this is an opportunity rather than a problem.

Microbevel the Toj next sharpening and voila- your new beater :)

Then, fill out the questionnaire and lets spend some of your money... :)

Haha, the Tojiro DP joke never gets old.

I've used my DP petty on half-frozen food and for de-boning chicken without any issue. It dulled faster but there was never a micro chip. I guess this is because the DPs have a thicker edge than most higher-end j-knives so it's the perfect candidate for a all-purpose beater.

Haha, the Tojiro DP joke never gets old.
Just to be clear, I'm not having a go at Tojiros. They are very good entry level Japanese knives and much better cutters than most mass produced Western knives. I've personally just bought one as a Christmas gift (granted, it's the thinner ground HSPS).

But you will find much better (and more fragile) cutters out there. I guess we are just saying that this might be seen ad an opportunity to upgrade

Tell me about it. Everytime i reach around there's a cream pie in my face. My only way to relax is with a tea bag and a muffin.

... but hopefully not a dolphin... I think urban dictionary will keel over with demand soon!

Back