Handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDalman

Unsupportive Member
Reaction score
A birdie wispered there's a demand for Dalman handles, and it's been on my mind as well. There's been some things bugging me about selling them separately, but I'm working on standardasing a "real" ferrule and predrilled construction with masur birch and reindeer antler, with a birch bark spacer. So those are on the horizon.

Give ya 50 sek and I'll tell you. You did good sir, magnus has trained you well. Seriously though that soulds sweet, like I wouldn't buy one because I'm going to be swimming in a pool of Dalmans soon, but for those poor kids that didn't get an Dalmans for Christmas, maybe this will help quell their rage. :knife:

And I bought a lathe :O

If you saw that knife Magnus did ([video=youtube;h_vkVgV73N4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vkVgV73N4[/video]) that's my prototype "real" wa-handle. things went smoothly and I was pretty happy. So more handles like that, but probably with masur and birch burl are what I'm looking to make.

Referring to a post from January in the "Heads up - store restocking."-Thread:
Two plum handles posted.

When I saw this post, I thought :viking:

And I was lucky to snatch one! :bliss::spin chair::ubersexy::EDance2::hoot::ggodjob::yatta::dance4:
Need to show after rehandle: Watanabe Pro 210 Gyuto (Blue #2 with iron cladding). Weight with original handle (ho + horn) was 200g. With the new handle from Robin Dalman (great guy, BTW) made of plum + reindeer antler the knife now weighs 205g. Main reason for the handle change was that the original handle felt a bit too thick in my hand. And then I had this gorgeous handle from Robin at hand... :angel2:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Robin! Tack så mycket!!! :danke:

Detailed pics:

Yo Dad. Thanks for the pics. Glad you like it, i did too :)

Haha funny because they feel like that's what I've been working this week 😰

Back