Thread: Super cool sous vide idea

Exclamation Super cool sous vide idea

https://anovaculinary.com/sous-vide-...=6062566808840

Anova just released this article and it sounds amazing, not only can a 20 quart sous vide now probably handle a larger volume, I presume this would also save you on electricity especially on 2-3 day cooking periods. I have a cambro that I use right now, but you can bet I'll be trying this sometime very soon.

This is similar to how you can make Koji rice, but instead of a circulator they use a fish tank heated water pump

Administrator
    I've had this cooler in my arsenal for about 3 years. (Same color even) Works great on big things, 1/2 dozen tenderloins come to mind. Have same set up with 12 qt Cambro and 12x18 Cambro for different size applications. Use the 12 qt Cambro the most.

The only thing I do different is use a 2 1/2" drill saw. (2 3/4" for Anova 1) No mucking with sandpaper to increase size of the hole.
    Older and wider..

Ive sous vide steaks with just a cooler, hot water and a digital thermo. Temp drop is predictable once you've done it a few times. haven't done multi-day cooking though. For that i would need the gizmo

I use the that exact setup, works great and the mount and circulater store in the cooler