Sous Vide Super cool sous vide idea

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godslayer

Reaction score
https://anovaculinary.com/sous-vide...aign=page_post_engagement&fbaid=6062566808840

Anova just released this article and it sounds amazing, not only can a 20 quart sous vide now probably handle a larger volume, I presume this would also save you on electricity especially on 2-3 day cooking periods. I have a cambro that I use right now, but you can bet I'll be trying this sometime very soon.

:knife: :knight: :hungry3:

This is similar to how you can make Koji rice, but instead of a circulator they use a fish tank heated water pump

I've had this cooler in my arsenal for about 3 years. (Same color even) Works great on big things, 1/2 dozen tenderloins come to mind. Have same set up with 12 qt Cambro and 12x18 Cambro for different size applications. Use the 12 qt Cambro the most.

The only thing I do different is use a 2 1/2" drill saw. (2 3/4" for Anova 1) No mucking with sandpaper to increase size of the hole.

Ive sous vide steaks with just a cooler, hot water and a digital thermo. Temp drop is predictable once you've done it a few times. haven't done multi-day cooking though. For that i would need the gizmo

I use the that exact setup, works great and the mount and circulater store in the cooler

I've also had great luck (even with 48 hr cooks) just using sarran wrap over the top of my clear 8qt pyrex/equivalent cheap container. Very minimal water loss with that setup.

Back