Help identify a knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s0real

Reaction score
Good day everyone. i have been trying to find out what kind of knife used in the first half of the Hiroyuki Terada video.

https://youtu.be/RjWkO9A-Ckk

the knife used has a really narrow tip and i just thought it might be a custom. anyone can tell me what kind of knife this is and whether its possible to get it anywhere? cheers.

@bkultra hi thanks for the video but i think that is the new set of knife he uses, correct me if i'm wrong. the particular knife in question has a really narrow shape with a sharp tip. it is not listed as any knives that Minonokuni have.

You appear to be correct, I know he states he recently switched knife brands. Have you considered posting your question to him on the YouTube video you linked, it appears he answers many of the questions directly

yes i have and i think a lot of other people have been asking the same question as well. i thought i might finally find an answer here.

that looks like a petty that he's sharpend the sh*t out of.

with the tip, possibly a garasuki also sharpend past recognition?

yeah, that's what i thought, it does look like it has honesuki tip. what are some thought on having honesuki as a multi purpose knife? will it do well? i really want to have a multi purpose with a pointy tip. if anyone has any suggestion feel free to add in. thanks

Sounds like you want a line knife - basically a 210-220 Suji with enough height for knuckle clearance. A taller 180 petty works too.

I use a 180 Gyuto in that way :)

Cheers

J

Sounds like you want a line knife - basically a 210-220 Suji with enough height for knuckle clearance. A taller 180 petty works too.

I use a 180 Gyuto in that way :)

Cheers

J

Do you happen to know the exact name of the knife or any maker that have those knives? Mind giving some examples? Thanks

He using Kikuichi suji and Masahiro gyuto for his knife. I think gold verson suji and knife merchant.

He using Kikuichi suji and Masahiro gyuto for his knife. I think gold verson suji and knife merchant.

Wow the kikuichi suji gold does look like the knife he is using only much thinner probably due to sharpening. You are the man!!

Wow the kikuichi suji gold does look like the knife he is using only much thinner probably due to sharpening. You are the man!!
You welcome, glad I can help out. He had another video about his knife
[video=youtube;t39rhQs6Hqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t39rhQs6Hqc[/video]

Back