Mystery Solved

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always wondered what the funky ugly Shun scalloped utility knife was for. Apparently you are supposed to use it with the panini spatula for morons.

panini_spatula.jpg

Panini Spatula

k.

:haha4::haha4:

I could never figure out how to cut a sandwich in half, that really solves the problem!

Now they just need to make one with seven slots for making sushi! But then I'm not sure what you'd be able to scoop up with it... :scratchhead:

Hmm

Is it a new style Gishiki-Bocho? :wink:

3732246100_c11892164f_b.jpg

That is it!!!!

What will they think of next.

P.S. I like how the front edge of the spatula is flexible...the only part where flexing annoys the living crap out of you.

LOLOL... well I'll be jiggered!

Duuuuuh.... hey, look! We got an overgrind -->

DM0753.jpg

Ha! I think the parer is supposed to be a combo birds beak/ utility????

I saw a Wusthof version of that fugly sandwich slicer, and wondered who's been buying these to make them so popular? Surprised Furi hasn't picked up on it.....

Ha! I think the parer is supposed to be a combo birds beak/ utility????

Spot on! Well played, sir. :)

I saw one of these at the fish markets knife store a while ago and you should have seen my jaw drop open. lol Even the store owner couldn't really say much about it except to go: "errrrrrrrr............. it's a fruit knife for, errrrrr....... 'round' fruit. lol

I immediately thought 'hmmm... ***** to sharpen!'

Thing is called 4" perfect paring knife (my ass). It's too freaking too big and heavy and why wouldn't you just get a $3 Forschner turner instead of spending $$ on one of these monstrosities??

... why wouldn't you just get a $3 Forschner turner instead of spending $$ on one of these monstrosities??

That made me laugh - that's probably what 99% of the population would say about any of the knives we are discussing here ;)

Stefan

I would never ever again buy forschner small knife which stays sharp for around like 2 potatoes youre turning.

But the shun is like Gillette Mach 14

ec8d7417fb86281acb019c05f3df985b.jpg

The evolution of commerce

:lol2:

That made me laugh - that's probably what 99% of the population would say about any of the knives we are discussing here ;)

Stefan

LOL true dat. It's what you might call a Pot-Kettle-Black comment!

Back