Howdy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently started cooking professionally and decided to get my own decent knife. I did a lot of reading on this site and figured it was time to join.

where are you located? What type of cooking are you doing?

I'm in the suburbs of Milwaukee. At work I do mostly garde-manger prep; not a ton of knife work on the line, mostly bread-type stuff at the app station. At home I do a lot more complicated, varied, traditional cooking. I went with the MAC Pro 8" gyuto which so far is pretty much perfect at work - a paring knife comes in handy occasionally, but really I had all the knives I strictly needed at that point.

Then I got the stones to care for my knife, and learned to sharpen properly, and kept reading about steel, and decided I'd really like a nakiri, and that vintage NOS Sabatier is just too great to pass up because they'll be gone someday, and I ought to get something in a traditional single bevel, good to know how to use those, and since I had learned all this I could pick out good knives for people as Christmas presents, and since I wanted all these knives I had seen everyone should get me knives too, and I seem to remember reading something here about a rabbit hole? So I went from being a cook who needed a knife to being a cook and also a knife enthusiast.

Moooza -- I'm interested in *all the knives* :)

Let me guess..............A Bartalotta place.

Back