Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy all again...

Howdy all again...

Been off site for some time now, I don't keep track of time like I used to. Still no diagnosis as to my collapse nearly 4 years ago and still not employable I have just been existing as the case may be.

I did get back into photography as it was something I can do in my own time and energy. I'm no longer in a kitchen as it's generally not good having some one pass out with big knives, saws, and big grinders about. I can barely cook for myself now days, on good days my wife will let me produce a meal, if I'm lucky I can finish a dish. So all my nice knives have been boxed up and are under my bed awaiting the day I can put them on display to enjoy again.

Photography has been my current reason to get out and do something. I've been lucky in that my school costs are covered by my time in service, plus city colleges are pretty cheap at the moment. My student aid checks pay for photo equipment and that has been a godsend LOL not having any kind of income would have made that a hard project to continue in.

It's been hard enough to just survive lately than to even look at my knives, to remember how far I have fallen due to this illness. I can't even ride my bicycle any longer, all I need is to get dizzy on a public road and I'll be done for. I'm currently trying to get funding for an Electric Tricycle from Raleigh, but at $2600. it may take a few years to save up for. I can't even get disability as there is no diagnosis to pin it on. Each problem I have, by itself, can be worked around. Add them all together and all your left with is a lump of pain with the spins. I'm told to hang in there and things will get better... Hanging in there is all I can do as this keep getting worse with no end in sight at the moment.

Enough of that...

I still love food and I'm working on ways I can still make food. My cleaver is still my best friend for it's ability to be many knives as I need and I can still pick it up I've become a fan of one pot dishes a lot more than I used to and to my families chagrin I still collect cast iron cookware. Most of the time I can put a pan on the stove and later in the day cook something if I'm not passed out somewhere...

I've been reading some of the old posts and enjoy seeing all the posters that where around back when I was active

It's great to hear from you. Very sorry to hear about your physical ailments. You were always a great presence on the forums -- it's nice to see you back.

Hey there, sorry to hear things have been tight, sounds like you have at least found a passion. Welcome back!

Good to see you posting, sorry about your difficulties. Hope to see you start posting some of your pics.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I've been working on new images for my knives Razors as well.

Good to hear from you DC. Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Hope to see you posting again.

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully the docs will figure it out. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Jay

Just checked out your site. Great pictures. Placed an order. I hope you find a solution to your challenges Shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    Just checked out your site. Great pictures. Placed an order. I hope you find a solution to your challenges Shawn.
    Thank you very much Every bit helps. Keep checking I try to get new images up every week, unless class gets insane LOL. Been working on more Lures and knives this week...

XXXXX

New one loaded today.

Ok that's not working... been a while...