Yoshi and Kato?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got it on Kato. Yoshi can refer to Yoshihide (Iizuka-san son)

I talk about Yoshihiro - wish i still had my yoshi yani.

But to me it means Yoshikane unless context suggests otherwise.

Thanks for explaining! I like my Yoshihiro - it's my first nakiri, my first Aogami Super knife, my first wa handle so maybe I don't have enough knives or experience to compare to yet, but I'm happy with it. Definitely want a Yoshikane too though (and a Yoshihide and a Yoshimitsu...)

Yoshi means Yoshikane to most knuts. Yoshihiro makes some terrific knives. They are available predominately via ebay. Most of us prefer to patronize our favorite retailers.

Don't worry, I've looked puzzled here in the past assuming people were discussing knives by Hiroshi Kato, and wondering why such high prices were mentioned...

Well, honestly, I got my Yoshihiro before knowing that there was such a thing as a favorite knife retailer. I had researched knife shapes and steel types, had a lot of technical data, but not the guidance of subjective experience from people who actually own and use a lot of these knives and have interactions with the sources thereof.

Back