Hi, looking for Gyuto 210 mm for now because will share with my wife so 240 mm could be too long, here a little more info:
1. Right hand
2. Not professional home cook
3. For meet, fish, veggies....basically universal
4. Japanese handle
5. Blue #2 but if possible covering with layer of stainless steel to help with maintenance (my wife)
6. Wood cutting board
7. Good for slicing and chopping
8. Price between $150- $200 but target to be closer to $150
9. With knife I'll get sharpening stones and take care knife myself.
10. Sharp from the box and nicely finished (handle and blade)
For now I've Shun Classic Chef's 8", and he will be my tester when comes to sharpening for now before I touch my new baby. Looking for Blue #2 steel, because I want to knife which holds better edge and will be easier to sharpening then vg10 and less liable to chipping.
For now what I found:
Gihei gyuto blue #2, 210 mm