Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1k stone hunt

1k stone hunt

what i am after is a bit of a unicorn.
    FAST cutting, but with EXCELLENT feedback, absolutely NO loading. preferably splash & go.

my current is watanabe ai1000. it's probably the fastest 1k out there but i'm afraid the feedback is not good enough for me.

i have on order a king hyper #1000 from japan but that'll take weeks to arrive via SAL. this is a soaker so will be permasoaked.

according to my research i need to get a chosera 800. i love the 400, hated the 600, and 1k too slow. maybe 800 is the sweet spot.

if you can think of any other contenders that fit my criteria please comment. keep in mind i am very picky when it comes to stone feedback.

JNS mid grit?

Diamonds for speed, chosera 1k... That's what I like.

you completely disregarded my criteria.
    diamonds horrible feedback, and i said cho 1k is too slow.

forgot to add, i like feel of shapton glass 1k, just needs to be a little faster

Maybe this?

Although this benefits from a quick soak, it can totally handle S&G.

Diamonds are (forever) S&G, so that might be your best bet. Most magnesia based stones like the Choseras synth stones are solely S&G because otherwise they'd fall apart after a short while.

I've tried jki 1k diamond and while miles better than dmt it's still very much diamond feedback.

Tell me about the gesh 1200. How's the speed, what's feedback like? I'd be more interested if it were 800 grit. How prone to loading?

Doesn't have to be s&g, just that soakers tend to dish quicker than I'd like. This is for use in pro environment for quick touchups, not much time for flattening.

I've already told panda that the gesshin 1200 is the PERFECT stone for him. Splash and go, cuts fast, feedback is nice-not quite chosera nice but nice. Could somebody back me up here?

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    you completely disregarded my criteria.
    diamonds horrible feedback, and i said cho 1k is too slow.

forgot to add, i like feel of shapton glass 1k, just needs to be a little faster
    I know that's not directed at me, and although I can't speak from experience since I don't own one, not all diamonds have horrible feedback - the JKI vitrified diamond stone is extremely highly regarded on this forum at least, and seems to fit your bill except being 800, which is pretty close.

Missed the Chocera being too slow. Sorry. But look for magnesia based stones for S&G,

To be fair, everything from jki is highly regarded so I take it with a grain of salt..
    That one is too expensive.

I'm betting (hoping) that once I get a cho800 my problem will be solved, lol.

Great thread. This is exactly what I've been seeking-----for 5 years. Good luck......