• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Masamoto KS, takeda, munetoshi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labor of love

daveb burner account
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Masamoto KS 240mm has been sharpened less than 5 times still 49mm tall. $260 shipped
Takeda 240mm carbon clad 56mm tall 243mm long way nicer profile than most. $240 shipped.
Munetoshi Kasumi Gyuto 240mm has seen a bit of use now measures 232mm ish 46mm tall very well thinned maintained grind. $150 shipped

I really like all these knives but there's new stuff I wanna try.
Pm me and I'll send pics. But I should have pics posted in the next day or 2.
Merci!

P.S. I'm open to trades

What do you mean by this? Do you feel the jikko performs comparably?

They have similarities and differences. By all means nothing is exactly like a KS. But jikko(blue 2) shares some traits with KS that I happen to like. And honestly a 250mm blade length gyuto(ks) is difficult for me to use on the line these days which is where most of my prep is done. Apologies for leading the BST thread off topic. Now someone buy takeda!

They have similarities and differences. By all means nothing is exactly like a KS. But jikko(blue 2) shares some traits with KS that I happen to like. And honestly a 250mm blade length gyuto(ks) is difficult for me to use on the line these days which is where most of my prep is done. Apologies for leading the BST thread off topic. Now someone buy takeda!

i,also have jikko,blue 2, but it is still new with lacquer coating on.. Jikko is blue 2 with KS profile, and more height.. I just cut only papers, but I can see it is a fantastic cutter.

Latest posts

Back