Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me replace my MAC (questionaire included

Korin France is worth a look too

Thank you all for the links and suggestions looking very hard at the Shiro Kamo and the kurosaki R2 both beautifull and within my budget, just need to read up more on them and perhaps a quick trip to sweden(closest shop that stocks them) to see how they feel but probably will just order online...

Administrator
    I think you would be well served with an Intinomonn. If you can sit on your hands a little bit, Maxim (JNS) has a "gathering" every spring where all manner of knives, stones and knifenuts get together for a play weekend.
    Older and wider..

Thank you for the info, will keep that in mind!

Help me replace my MAC (questionaire included

Check if any of the vendors that interest you, has the SRS-15 Akifusa (come from some other (re)brand (?) as well, but don't remember the name),
    You will rarely have to sharpen and from photos and comments looks a little thick in a nice way over the edge, which indicates it must have good food release
    Once a Japanese knife, always a Japanese knife -> Once a Carbon, always a Carbon -> Once a Honyaki, always a Honyaki <3

Quote Originally Posted by supersayan3 View Post
    Check if any of the vendors that interest you, has the SRS-15 Akifusa (come from some other (re)brand (?) as well, but don't remember the name),
    You will rarely have to sharpen and from photos and comments looks a little thick in a nice way over the edge, which indicates it must have good food release
    Food release on Akifusa is good for a knife this thin IMO. It performs as though quite thin behind the edge but with acceptable food release. Thin but not qiute laser thin. Definitely not a workhorse though.

I believe it also goes by the names Ikeda and Harayuki and maybe others.
    "I'd better change my signature before I get myself into trouble..."