Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi All, and I've got to ask your opinion!

Those will work fine. There are several methods to flatten, the cheapest is to pick us what we call drywall sanding screen and a flat tile of some sort, or you can get a Norton flattening stone, or an Atoma. Those should be available at home, especially the sanding screen and a tile!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foody518 View Post
    Glad you found a way to guarantee getting some stones! Note that the Chosera will be close to splash and go (don't soak for long periods), and the Rika will need to soak for around 30 minutes or so. I leave mine (and a few other stones) in a tub of water all the time
    Watch videos on flattening stones - particularly the ones that show drawing a grid pattern on the stones to ensure you've gotten the lowest spots out
    Thank you, I will remember that! I've already watched a few from Korin and JKI, while practicing movements on a small bamboo cutting board.. My wife thinks I get too obsessed with stuff too fast!

I'll do the DWSandScreen if my in-laws feel they are carrying enough weight for this round! But would like to support Korin for their helpfullness as well! 😃