Boise knife show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know about the second annual Boise knife show. It is going to be the last weekend of Oct. That's the 27-29. Boise is a nice place to fly into and out of and the weather should be nice and mild. Hope to see some of you here. Www.rockymountainknifeshow.com

Thanks, Bill. I've been to a few of these in the past, but when I was interested in combat knives, and before I was into Japanese kitchen knives. Will kitchen knives be well represented, or just you and a few other makers here and there? Oh...And...I'll ride my bike..not fly. LOL

Last year was the first for the Boise Show.
It was the most fun knife show I have attended.
There was a good mix of knife types by really good knife makers.
I will be there this year.
They changed the date to fall on my birthday this year.
So if you come by to say hello, don't forget to bring my birthday present.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know about the second annual Boise knife show. It is going to be the last weekend of Oct. That's the 27-29. Boise is a nice place to fly into and out of and the weather should be nice and mild. Hope to see some of you here. Www.rockymountainknifeshow.com

Are you going to do the challenge?

And if so, what about doing it with a kitchen knife? The tip thing is the only challenge.

And if so, what about doing it with a kitchen knife? The tip thing is the only challenge.

If a few of the guys here were coming I could maybee be convinced to do the challenge with a kitchen knife.

I am going to attempt to make it if I can juggle some flights. Its only a five hour drive from my house, except that one weekend I will be on the other side of the country. DOH!

Here is a photo for everyone. 305 mm sujihiki Musk ox handle with mokume bolsters and a mosaic pin. Ok so I am not smart enough to post picture from my phone. I'll try later.

Im sooooo looking forward to see a pic of this one :)
I guess it looks like Colins Suji :)

Hope you are back on track Bill and that your wife is getting better :)

Is it up for sale? :D

it is right now

Oivind it is similar to Colins but different.

here are the pictures

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

WOW! Were there any other kitchen cutlery makers at the show?

It sold for cash money at the show. But Daniel at EE is who bought it. 3350.00

Im so glad it sold at the show :)

I see on the first photo that it got a price? What kind of price?
As always Bill: Im impressed :)

Nice grab for Daniel. How come he always ends up with your knives?!?!?!?! Always a pleasure to see your work Bill.

I held it till the last hour of the show before I sold it to him. Turns out he was the only kitchen knife buyer that turned up at the show. This knife won best culinary knife award.

Is he planning on reselling it or is it for personal use?

Had a great time after the show. Went to dinner with Hoss and his son John, then back to my place where we sat around and and had a good discussion about knife making and heat treating. thanks Hoss it was a great time.

Yea, Bill beat me head to head in the culinary competition. One judge insisted that my feather pattern 180 should be the winner and the other two judges thought that Bill's was best. All the judges thought that the feather pattern 180 should be moved to the " Best Damascus" catagory and I won that award.

Congrats to Bill.

Bill and Patty along with the other knife guy's in the Boise area were great hosts. We had a great time. Thank you Bill.

Hoss

Sounds like you guys had fun. Anyone actually sell any knives there to regular customers or did Epic Edge grab them all? Last year lots of guys said they had a great show, but when I asked who they sold to, most said it was to Daniel. (For the record, most of the knives I sold last year were to him too - and I don't have a problem with that at all.)

Just askin': Are there enough regular customers that buy knives at the shows to make the trip worth it?

-M

Latest posts

Back