Local 188- Portland, Maine

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting at the end of January I'll be taking over as head chef of Local 188. This is the sister restaurant to Salvage BBQ, Josh's (brainsausage) place. If anyone is planning on visiting the area, please send me a message so we can set things up.

Also, thanks to Josh for recommending I mosey on over there and see what was happening.

Great news, and good luck!

Never been to Portland, but you guys are starting to make a compelling case for visiting. Maybe when winter ends up there in July or August? :biggrin:

I'll definitely try and stop by. I usually get up to Portland once a year. I've wanted to stop by Salvage but it was either Monday when they're closed or I was afraid of a place that sells something called the Meat Coma.

I'll definitely try and stop by. I usually get up to Portland once a year. I've wanted to stop by Salvage but it was either Monday when they're closed or I was afraid of a place that sells something called the Meat Coma.

The coma isn't as fearful as the fatality. Either way, you should swing up here and talk knives and food with Tkern and I. We're both a barrel of laughs.

Starting at the end of January I'll be taking over as head chef of Local 188. This is the sister restaurant to Salvage BBQ, Josh's (brainsausage) place. If anyone is planning on visiting the area, please send me a message so we can set things up.

Also, thanks to Josh for recommending I mosey on over there and see what was happening.

I'd say congrats, but it was all part of my master plan so...🙃

Hospitality is not even the word to use to describe his generosity. I will elaborate in detail when I awaken from the food coma I am now in because of Travis decided to try and kill me and my friends. Everything was incredible, if you are ever even remotely close to Portland, I implore you to make it your business to stop in and say hello. Eat everything you think you might enjoy. I promise it is as good if not better than you expected

Hospitality is not even the word to use to describe his generosity. I will elaborate in detail when I awaken from the food coma I am now in because of Travis decided to try and kill me and my friends.
Yeah, that sounds like Travis :biggrin:

Everything was incredible, if you are ever even remotely close to Portland, I implore you to make it your business to stop in and say hello. Eat everything you think you might enjoy. I promise it is as good if not better than you expected
Yeah, that sounds like Travis as well!

I'm looking forward to reading your write-up.

Hospitality is not even the word to use to describe his generosity. I will elaborate in detail when I awaken from the food coma I am now in because of Travis decided to try and kill me and my friends. Everything was incredible, if you are ever even remotely close to Portland, I implore you to make it your business to stop in and say hello. Eat everything you think you might enjoy. I promise it is as good if not better than you expected

If you're still in town, swing by the BBQ before you leave. I'll give Travis a run for his money.

If you're still in town, swing by the BBQ before you leave. I'll give Travis a run for his money.

I am unfortunately not still in Portland, I will however reach out when I return. I want to thank Travis again for his hospitality, everything was amazing, I owe at the very least a proper review once I fully recover.

Kevin, it was great having you and your friends in. I wish I had more of a chance to talk. And next time you're in town definitely hit up Josh.

Your dream of running a restaurant with it's very own sex dungeon has finally come to fruition. Congratulations.

Back