• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takashima and Marko felt strop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinacats

Reaction score
Like to sell these together for the sake of simple shipping but if they don't sell that way then I can break them up. Asking $340 shipped/insured/paypal conus only on these.

First up is a Takashima from Maxim...rather large stone. 205x78(82)x25 that weighs in @ 1036g. Fairly quick to develop swarf on wide bevel and only a bit slower on narrow bevel knives...color makes it very easy to see what you're doing. I believe it was a level 2 from Maxim...very fast finisher.

20170114_182204_zps58fzemzt.jpg

20170114_184927_zpsheslcfhm.jpg

20170114_184815_zpsohwv5wqb.jpg

20170114_181846_zpsdveyctud.jpg

20170114_185024_zpsveo1ejzx.jpg

Second up is a Marko hard felt strop from a few years ago. This one has been used with diamond spray...at one point with 3u on one end and 1u on the other...for the last while, I've only used 1u. This is a very quick strop for those who enjoy using them. Not sure of the wood type but it's from Marko so it's nicely done w/ rubber feet on bottom. 290x68.

20170114_190619_zpsjbfmw1vm.jpg

20170114_181924_zps29ovzqdj.jpg

Wow! I hope you've gotten yourself something to replace the Takashima :3

Thanks M, I'm in budget mode right now so will be using an old Gesshin synthetic until I reconfigure.:)

In interest of hopefully moving these on along I'm going to split them up and lower the price a bit. If you buy them both I'll do $320 + $10 shipping.

Stone...$280 + $10 shipping
Strop...$45 + $5 shipping

Conus, all pp fees included.

Let's try the same for the strop but I'll drop the price on the stone...

Stone...$275 includes insured shipping/paypal/conus
Strop...$50 shipped

I know somebody wants a fast ass J-nat finisher that is very easy to use:biggrin:

Strop withdrawn

Stone $260 shipped/insured/paypal/conus.

How is this still avail? This is the only other jnat I would be interested in if I was in the market for one.

Not too much chatter about these,maybe it would help if you posted your impressions.

How is this still avail? This is the only other jnat I would be interested in if I was in the market for one.

Not too much chatter about these,maybe it would help if you posted your impressions.

Right? I'm guessing it's just that time of year. I'm going to withdraw it for a bit and maybe relist it later...stone is really creamy/fast...so I guess I don't feel so bad about keeping it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back