When I got my first stabilized woods from Burl Source, I mentioned I'll make a post with my work, so after a long time of procrastination here it is.
I got a variety of woods with the idea to try them for razor scales.
I found out those work great , easy to cut, shape, and also take great finish.
Some examples of scales I made, all finished in wipe on poly.
Fridour in dyed red wood burl
Our own Maksim's Suredge, in walnut, I also blued the tang.
A set of scales in Koa, I made for Maksim's Kikuboshi,
that can be seen here (post #92)
the scales are made after the originals but I do not have the razor, Max will be doing the assembly.