Shigefusa kanji help!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayeung74

Reaction score
Looking to get some help from some Shig experts on the forum. I was very generously gifted a Shigefusa KU 165 santoku with a custom handle. The knife is beautiful, however, upon closer inspection, I noticed the Kanji on the knife was completely different from any of the Shigs I have seen. All the Shigs I have seen online or on the forums have the same Kanji, but this looks to be completely different.

Can I get some help to figure out if this is legit or a someone is passing off another knife as a Shig? I don't want to say where and from whom this was purchased, but I will respond to PMs.

eka886

XvP241

1Ls284

Looking to get some help from some Shig experts on the forum. I was very generously gifted a Shigefusa KU 165 santoku with a custom handle. The knife is beautiful, however, upon closer inspection, I noticed the Kanji on the knife was completely different from any of the Shigs I have seen. All the Shigs I have seen online or on the forums have the same Kanji, but this looks to be completely different.

Can I get some help to figure out if this is legit or a someone is passing off another knife as a Shig? I don't want to say where and from whom this was purchased, but I will respond to PMs.

eka886

XvP241

1Ls284

31547599763_986275db29_b.jpg

32208652602_91d34f5ab1_b.jpg

31547599513_f4cfbe0336_b.jpg

Yoshihide Santoku

Thanks for this. I was wondering if this was made by Yoshihide, i just wanted confirmation because i dont recognize the kanji and it was given to me as a shigefusa.

Thanks for this. I was wondering if this was made by Yoshihide, i just wanted confirmation because i dont recognize the kanji and it was given to me as a shigefusa.

Technically they are made in the same workshop :)

Back