Thread: Webhost suggestions?

Webhost suggestions?

Hi,
    guys I am thinking of starting a website for my razor restorations and honing service. I am. however, not sure what the good web hosts are, I would appreciate any advice from the members that have their own sites.

Thanks

I am now using a real simple solution, posterous.com. I have used bunches of different hosts, registrars, formats and html programs over the last 19 years, and have come to a point where simple works best for me. They handle the hosting and everything in one place, and you can post online as well as via e-mail. Mark Bittman uses it too. twgray.net is my posterous site. Also, although more complicated, squarespace.com is one of the most capable hosts/wysiwygs, and I have tomgraypottery.com on there. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses..............
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

thanks for the suggestions, are you familiar with ipage?

Thanks

I have tried squarespace a couple of times and like it. It is easy to set up, looks good but also a bit spendy and when I tinkered with it a couple of years ago, the commercial features were limited.

I use WordPress for my sites, so I chose one that made it easier to upload and handle wordpress. Right now I use BlueHost. They are reasonably priced, easy for wordpress, and I think I can host 5 sites with my hosting. Happy so far.

I haven't tried posterous.com, but I might check it out.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Are you looking for free web a hosting, or willing to pay?
    I am using hostek.com. Very reliable and at 7.99 you have unlimited hosting.
    http://hostek.com/hosting/linux/cpan...trol-panel.asp

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Are you looking for free web a hosting, or willing to pay?
    I am using hostek.com. Very reliable and at 7.99 you have unlimited hosting.
    http://hostek.com/hosting/linux/cpan...trol-panel.asp

M
    Thanks Marko I'll check it out. I am looking for payed option, free probably does not give much flexibility.

i use bluehost for personal... and imhosted for bussiness awhile back.

if you have the money, and need really reliable, Media Temple is great.