• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mizuno 240mm Blue #2 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman91

Reaction score
Up for sale is my 240mm Mizuno hon kasumi gyuto.

Bought from japanesechefsknife a few months ago. It has been a solid knife in my rotation for the last few months, but Santa brought a lot of new knives this christmas so I am just not using it much anymore. I thinned and refinished the knife a few weeks ago, so its a little thinner behind the edge and a little shinier than stock. Asking $275 shipping included in the US. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks

Mike

I'll work on the pictures, not sure why they aren't showing. It's the regular version. If anyone needs pics I'd be happy to email them until I figure out how to post them.

You need to upload the pictures to an image hosting site. It looks like you just tried to link the pictures from your computer or something since you don't have a real URL in the img tag, just a file name.

pictures don't work for me
Have to go to Flikr and it says it's not found

nope, did you try previewing the post and see if the pictures show?

I think it was because I didn't have those photos public, should be fixed now? If not I give up lol.

Just checked the pictures- they work for me now.

Ok I would really like to move this knife as I have over spent on some new projects. Final price drop to $225 shipped, will come fully polished and ready to go. Thanks for looking.

If this is the same as my 240 Mizuno (not misono- too much wine for you- silly tommy) then it originally came with the blade finish to look as though it had a wide grind bevel like the fujiamas. But it was just a finish. It appears you have just polished it away on this specimen.

If this is the same as my 240 Mizuno (not misono- too much wine for you- silly tommy) then it originally came with the blade finish to look as though it had a wide grind bevel like the fujiamas. But it was just a finish. It appears you have just polished it away on this specimen.

This knife has many variations. Even honyaki.

Mizuno-GF-281.jpg

Mizuno-GF-28.jpg

Img1107.jpg

I'm pretty sure the stainless is an OEM. Not sure about the "wide bevel ".

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this.

Mizuno Hontanren are generally made from B#2, however, Koki has the new Swedish Stainless listed as a Hontanren on his website. That's what I'm going based off of!

I had the impression that the smith's name is Akitada, and all of the Akitada Hontanren line were made by him/them. Could be mistaken about this though.

Not really sure what's going on with this one, was payed for and money was recieved but the knife hasn't been shipped. Haven't heard from him in about 2 weeks

I figured, I've seen him around, doesn't seem like that type of guy to scam anyways.

Bump, still no response from him or paypal. Wonder if he's alright...

Back