Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday Present

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan

Birthday Present

So, I waited a bit too long in ordering this to have it ready by my actual birthdate, but even still, David cranked it out quick and it showed up close enough to count!

18x18x2 Hard Maple block, ready for action! As usual, the David's construction is immaculate. Every seam between the blocks is perfect, there are no voids or cracks, the feet are all evenly seated (which, given some other boards I've bought, isn't always the case), and it was shipped with enough protection to survive nuclear war.

Thanks a lot David! I couldn't be happier!

He really does make a great product, congrats on the purchase and happy birthday.

Hey! I got one of those too! It isn't disappointing in the least, no? Amazing to use, it even feels great to wipe down.

Yep yep. Colors really deepened after a few coats of mineral oil too, I'm loving it.

very nice.

Sweet!
    I love mine too, Dave does perfect work for sure. There is nothing better to have on your counter.

Wait, does it need mineral oil now? I was under the impression that Dave oiled it up good before shipping.

I'm sure he does, but in my experience it takes a lot of applications over time for a solid... erm, "seasoning" to build up. I think a good rule of thumb is to oil it at least once a week for it's first month, plus any time you wash it or salt it.

I just got mine today, and boy-howdy is it a niiiice board! I'm an avid woodworker and was going to make my own, butt I'm glad that I popped for this!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

You're gonna love that board, V.