Birthday Present

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

Slightly Less Hooligan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I waited a bit too long in ordering this to have it ready by my actual birthdate, but even still, David cranked it out quick and it showed up close enough to count!

board1.jpg

board2.jpg

18x18x2 Hard Maple block, ready for action! As usual, the David's construction is immaculate. Every seam between the blocks is perfect, there are no voids or cracks, the feet are all evenly seated (which, given some other boards I've bought, isn't always the case), and it was shipped with enough protection to survive nuclear war.

Thanks a lot David! I couldn't be happier!

He really does make a great product, congrats on the purchase and happy birthday.

Hey! I got one of those too! It isn't disappointing in the least, no? Amazing to use, it even feels great to wipe down.

Sweet!
I love mine too, Dave does perfect work for sure. There is nothing better to have on your counter.

Wait, does it need mineral oil now? I was under the impression that Dave oiled it up good before shipping.

I'm sure he does, but in my experience it takes a lot of applications over time for a solid... erm, "seasoning" to build up. I think a good rule of thumb is to oil it at least once a week for it's first month, plus any time you wash it or salt it.

I just got mine today, and boy-howdy is it a niiiice board! I'm an avid woodworker and was going to make my own, butt I'm glad that I popped for this!

I LOVE mine, and ya they are a thirsty board when they are youngsters :p Ive had mine a year now and it's not as thirsty as it once was lol

You guys are swelling my head! I'm happy my work is received so well.

Be careful not to oil to much or you may see it drip out of the bottom like a member of this forum ended up with. Also, direct sunlight will heat up the board enough to make the oil sweat out. I soak them in a tank with several gallons of oil before allowing them to drip in a drip tank for 12 to 24 hours. Then they are waxed and buffed before being packaged for shipping. That should be suffucient for a while but I know many prefer to oil just as soon as their board is opened. Remember, a little oil goes a long way and oil the bottom as well on accasion.

Thanks again for the kind words! You can't begin to know how much they are appreciated.

Back