Knives & Stones Tanaka R2 WA and Ginsanko Nashiji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
First, the (cheap) R2 WA.
So as requested by you, that I should offer a "cheaper" version of the Tanaka R2 WA blades. I have now enabled the handle options for the Tanaka R2 WA line.
you can choose your own handle that suits your budget and taste. For the 240mm, you can also "add a saya"
http://www.knivesandstones.com/tanaka-r2-sg2-damascus-gyuto-wa-240mm/
Tanaka_R2_WA_Gyuto_240mm__58727.1484736140.1280.1280.jpg

I have also listed some long overdue Tanaka Ginsako Nashiji! I haven't measure the specs for the new batch yet but from just looking at them I know Tanaka-san has imporved the grind yet again (which I tried to convince him last time I met him). I will update the specs tomorrow along with more photos.
http://www.knivesandstones.com/tanaka-ginsan-nashiji-gyuto-240mm-with-ebony-handle/
210 and 240 this time around, 10 knifes each, maybe more next month. You can also choose your own handles and saya (for 240).

Tanaka_Ginsan_Nashiji_Gyuto_210mm__97252.1484794852.1280.1280.jpg

James

Oh mannnnn is this like the last of the last of the last of the ginsan nashiji ? Or is he back on that steel again

These look good, the idea of various handle and says options is excellent IMO. Looking good.

Oh mannnnn is this like the last of the last of the last of the ginsan nashiji ? Or is he back on that steel again

in the Migaki thread I mentioned he scored a small lot of Ginsan material, Tanaka will turn them into knives only for K&S. of course they won't come in one batch.

Couldn't resist and bought the 240mm Ginsan Nashiji. I'll come over to your store tomorrow James! :biggrin:

How much does the 240 nashiji ginsan weigh?
They'll probably be gone before this gets answered?
...Still thought I'd as anyway.

Just saw the Ginsans are back and had to grab one. Need a stainless knife to take away on holidays (my justification, anyway).

How much does the 240 nashiji ginsan weigh?
They'll probably be gone before this gets answered?
...Still thought I'd as anyway.

Just got my 240 ginsan nishiji in the mail

weighed in at 198.5 grams
or 7.00 ounces

Thanks for this! Would you be able to tell us how tall it is at the heel?

Either James or Middlesharp...the 240 Ginsanko?

Cheers,
Blair

Thanks very much! Looks to be pretty much bang on 2 inches...maybe a shade taller (so 51-52mm), I think.

Cheers,
Blair

@James, when you say that Tanaka-san has imprived the grind of the G3 najishi, what specifically are the changes? Is it for even more improved food release? How thin are the tips on the G3s?

Back