New York visit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toufas

Reaction score
I might be coming to new York in few weeks, any shops that I should be visiting? I am going to korin and mtc but is there somewhere else that I should go? Any place for chefs shoes?
Thank you

What about bringing knives with me and on the way back? They will be on my carry on obviously

Carry on is a big no no, I've flown with knives but have always just stuck a knife roll in my checked bag.

Though the knife selection may not be mind blowing, though I swear I saw a Marko last time I was in there. JB Prince is worth a visit for other kitchen related stuff - Kunz spoons, offsets, etc....

Though the knife selection may not be mind blowing, though I swear I saw a Marko last time I was in there. JB Prince is worth a visit for other kitchen related stuff - Kunz spoons, offsets, etc....

I don't know about chef shoes, but JB Prince Co. is a sweet little spot.

Booked 11 madison Park and le bernardin
Going to mtc to pick up some bits and bobs and korin to touch up some knives

Still looking for a chef shoes place

When will you be there? I'll by in NYC 1/28-2/1. Looking to check out Momofuku Ssam Bar 1/29. The exec is a nice guy and I'll be delivering a knife to him.

11/2 till 19. Planning on trying to go to momofuku as well. I ve been to ny three times before but I wasn't into good food back then. Is there a place with lots of Japanese groceries? Looking to find some noodles i can't get here in the uk, and the Japan trip isn't that close yet.

Make sure it is the right Momofuko (i.e., the one Mareko mentioned), as that is where Matt R. keeps things in tip-top shape.

I like both Momofuku noodle bar and saam bar (haven't been to Ko or the others). But I don't go to either for the ramen. I just don't think it's what they do best, and it's so filling, it cheats you out of the amazing small plates. There are better ramen places in the city. I'm not well enough studied to make a recommendation on the best ones, but someone around here probably is.

Also ... big recommendation for Roberta's in Bushwick. My favorite pizza, and many small plates that the Times reviewers have compared with Michelin 3-star dishes. But casual and cheap. Best to go on a week night.

11/2 till 19. Planning on trying to go to momofuku as well. I ve been to ny three times before but I wasn't into good food back then. Is there a place with lots of Japanese groceries? Looking to find some noodles i can't get here in the uk, and the Japan trip isn't that close yet.

Try one of the Dainobu ones (2 or 3 in Manhattan), or sunrise mart...

I really enjoyed Momosan over momofokus though... get the pigs ear and tantanmen

Back