Serpentine Composite Slicer- One off sale price.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
In aid of New year Bills and steel run, Im putting this truly amazing piece on sale price, and one of the most subtly beautiful blades I have ever forged.

ON SALE - SPECIAL EDITION COMPOSITE DAMASCUS 310MM SUJIHIKI.

£1290.00

I have been using this piece over Christmas as a show piece, It will of course come freshly finished, I will also give the option of having the nickel damascus bolster Hot blued for an extra 50 pounds rather than etched. You can also choose to make this a custom order with a matching handled carving fork in blister iron.......custom box can also be arranged, enquire on pricing....In aid of buying a pile of materials I'm offering this composite piece for the price of Mosaic, a saving of over 400 pounds.
This is a one off Suji in a serpentine damascus pattern, The centre of the blade features 4 bars of twisted mosaic damascus, the spine part of the blade is in Blister iron, this was reclaimed from a 1st world war cannon barrel, the edge is in layered 01. The blade has a very high level of finish to bring out the beautiful and subtle texture of the iron, you can see how the strands also flow with the Serpentine.
This knife is perfectly suited to usual Suji work the geometry, length and balance will make it the perfect slicer, will also be a great carving knife as long as care is taken around bones.
The handle is a variation of my Western design, this time keeping the octagonal lines crisp flowing throughout the handle to match in with the slender knife, I used finest desert ironwood, the most beautiful and stable of all handle materials in my opinion with a mosaic damascus bolster.
Here are the knife specifications

Materials are a composition of iron and carbon steels, will patina naturally with use.
​Blade length 305mm
Height - 33mm
Thickness entering handle - 5mm
Thickness over choil- 4mm
Full distal taper over the length,
The knife balances just ahead of the choil.
Handle is desert ironwood with red/nickel spacers and basket weave damascus.
Overall weight of the knife is 234g
The knife profile is relatively flat for 2/3rds then a pronounced belly to the super fine tip, perfect for working on long fine slices.

Price includes World shipping, payment fees etc, the knife comes with certificate and knife bag. A Leather sheath or presentation box can be made for the knife at extra cost, piece is also available as a custom order with a complementary carving fork, enquire.

http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/st...ition_Composite_damascus_310mm_Sujihiki..html

This is such a stunning and unique knife ...

Exactly what matus said... i have no idea how it didn't sell at full price. Someone snap this up or i may just cancel my custom orders...

Or just find some way to hide it from my wife.

Thank you folks for the kind words, a little encouragement goes a long way :)

Thank you folks for the appreciation :)

In the name of a fresh pile of steel I can do £1190 on this via bank transfer only though............

Come now collectors and damascus addicts, 310mm of Composite damascus goodness for such a price, its a true one off :)

Thank you kind sir :) And just to add before the weekend, which I hope you all enjoy, and don't let alcohol influence your purchase decisions in any way ;)

Marketing :D makes me really want me to add this to my collection. Second half would still kill me though

FYI, Will's knives perform as well as they look. It's hard to appreciate how much skill and time he puts in to one knife. Real Deal.

Thanks Mike, its baffling why things as unique as this are harder to sell from time to time. Knife buyer habits have always seemed like sharks to me, if it doesn't get snapped up straight away, for some reason things can hang around, especially the more individual pieces. Don't think I've ever had a feather damascus piece hang around for long, its become a "safer" pattern, shame because its fun to experiment, but thats life.

Anyway this one is not getting any less gorgeous, really must be appreciated in person, Ill do it for a round £1000 by direct bank transfer only just to you guys, and thats a last last reduction.

Sold via my Website in the end. Will be having a matching fork :)

Back