Hello

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmtyb

Reaction score
First Post.

Well I have not been cooking much past many years. Last week decided to cook for the family and found out our best knives we had were Target Faberware Resin set my wife purchased for $20.00 LOL.

Bad News : After finding this forum and researching mass amount of data on Japanese knives, now I'm or will be the proud owner of 5 knives that I have received or will be receiving shortly. I still have the urge to purchase few more knives but my bleeding bank account and the possibility of bleeding fingers has convinced me to wait for the knives to arrive and evaluate the collection before adding more.

Anyhow, I would like to thank the forum and its members for all the information I was able to obtain after many many many and many hours of reading :). And hopefully I will be able to contribute something back to this community at a later time.

Ty

Man, you started with a splash. Your first post and you are already many hours and 5 knives into the habit hole. There is absolutely no salvation for you :laugh:.

Hey welcome. I'm pretty new here as well.

All up to you, but many curious minds will wonder what your five new knives are. Had a chance to test them out yet?

kmtyb now: Hey, I just got 5 new knives.
kmtyb six years from now: Yikes, I have 56 knives, but I really want that one that just came into stock at JKI. Really though, that'll be the last one for quite a while. Really, I mean it this time.

kmtyb now: Hey, I just got 5 new knives.
kmtyb six years from now: Yikes, I have 56 knives, but I really want that one that just came into stock at JKI. Really though, that'll be the last one for quite a while. Really, I mean it this time.
:rofl2:

Hey welcome. I'm pretty new here as well.

All up to you, but many curious minds will wonder what your five new knives are. Had a chance to test them out yet?

I have purchased the following thus far :

Takamura R2 Gyuto 210mm
Tojiro DP Nakiri 165mm
Tojiro DP Paring 90mm
Yoshihiro Aogami Super Blue Santoku 7"
Yoshihiro Aogami Super Blue Petty 6"

I had Amazon gift card and used it to purchase Yoshihiro knives, king sharping stone, and shun Hinoki cutting board.

Congratulations, betcha they put a smile on your face when prepping food, as opposed to your old knives. Enjoy the knives and the cooking.

Takamura R2 Gyuto 210mm
Tojiro DP Nakiri 165mm
Tojiro DP Paring 90mm

I had Amazon gift card and used it to purchase Yoshihiro knives, king sharping stone, and shun Hinoki cutting board.
Welcome to the forum. You've made an amazing leap from your Target knife set. Enjoy!

Takamura R2 Gyuto 210mm
Tojiro DP Nakiri 165mm
Tojiro DP Paring 90mm

Hi,
and welcome!

Nice! Talk about going in both feet.
Which ones you already have and how do you like them?

Hi,
and welcome!

Nice! Talk about going in both feet.
Which ones you already have and how do you like them?

I just received the Yoshihiro Santoku and Petty. They look amazing.

Some thought on the purchases:

Takamura R2 Gyuto 210mm - Many recommendation from many people. This was a must have.
Tojiro DP Nakiri 165mm - My wife chops lots of vegitables almost every day so I knew I wanted a Nakiri. We will start with a basic one and move up if we like it or give it to my "mother in law" if deammed useless :).
Tojiro DP Paring 90mm - We cut lots of fruit so this was a must but could not justify spending more than $100 on a pairing knife
Yoshihiro Aogami Super Blue Santoku 7" - I always wanted a Santoku and I can use my Amazon Gift Card
Yoshihiro Aogami Super Blue Petty 6" - Good Petty knife is needed and I can use my Gift Card

Back