Quantcast
Webhost suggestions?

Thread: Webhost suggestions?

Webhost suggestions?

Hi,
    guys I am thinking of starting a website for my razor restorations and honing service. I am. however, not sure what the good web hosts are, I would appreciate any advice from the members that have their own sites.

Thanks

I am now using a real simple solution, posterous.com. I have used bunches of different hosts, registrars, formats and html programs over the last 19 years, and have come to a point where simple works best for me. They handle the hosting and everything in one place, and you can post online as well as via e-mail. Mark Bittman uses it too. twgray.net is my posterous site. Also, although more complicated, squarespace.com is one of the most capable hosts/wysiwygs, and I have tomgraypottery.com on there. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses..............
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

thanks for the suggestions, are you familiar with ipage?

Thanks

I have tried squarespace a couple of times and like it. It is easy to set up, looks good but also a bit spendy and when I tinkered with it a couple of years ago, the commercial features were limited.

I use WordPress for my sites, so I chose one that made it easier to upload and handle wordpress. Right now I use BlueHost. They are reasonably priced, easy for wordpress, and I think I can host 5 sites with my hosting. Happy so far.

I haven't tried posterous.com, but I might check it out.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Are you looking for free web a hosting, or willing to pay?
    I am using hostek.com. Very reliable and at 7.99 you have unlimited hosting.
    http://hostek.com/hosting/linux/cpan...trol-panel.asp

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Are you looking for free web a hosting, or willing to pay?
    I am using hostek.com. Very reliable and at 7.99 you have unlimited hosting.
    http://hostek.com/hosting/linux/cpan...trol-panel.asp

M
    Thanks Marko I'll check it out. I am looking for payed option, free probably does not give much flexibility.

i use bluehost for personal... and imhosted for bussiness awhile back.

if you have the money, and need really reliable, Media Temple is great.