Webhost suggestions?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainaman

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi,
guys I am thinking of starting a website for my razor restorations and honing service. I am. however, not sure what the good web hosts are, I would appreciate any advice from the members that have their own sites.

Thanks

I am now using a real simple solution, posterous.com. I have used bunches of different hosts, registrars, formats and html programs over the last 19 years, and have come to a point where simple works best for me. They handle the hosting and everything in one place, and you can post online as well as via e-mail. Mark Bittman uses it too. twgray.net is my posterous site. Also, although more complicated, squarespace.com is one of the most capable hosts/wysiwygs, and I have tomgraypottery.com on there. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses..............

thanks for the suggestions, are you familiar with ipage?

Thanks

I have tried squarespace a couple of times and like it. It is easy to set up, looks good but also a bit spendy and when I tinkered with it a couple of years ago, the commercial features were limited.

I use WordPress for my sites, so I chose one that made it easier to upload and handle wordpress. Right now I use BlueHost. They are reasonably priced, easy for wordpress, and I think I can host 5 sites with my hosting. Happy so far.

I haven't tried posterous.com, but I might check it out.

i use bluehost for personal... and imhosted for bussiness awhile back.

if you have the money, and need really reliable, Media Temple is great.

Back