More Flaming Crotch Feathers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
1/24/2017 New batch of untreated wood.
These are extra thick blocks (about 2inch) average price $30.
These blocks were cut from the crotch section where the figure sometimes forms a feather. Hence the name "crotch feathers.
This is the Eastern variety American Black Walnut. The wood is noticeably harder than the west coast Walnuts. Very good coloring with an orange-ish tint. Good crotch figure that changes when the light hits from different angles.
Eastern Black Walnut is a very durable wood that is suitable for use as handle material, even on heavy use knives. I prefer using a Danish Oil finish for the best results.
This is untreated wood. It has not been stabilized (chemically impregnated).

The last batch of these was almost sold out within a day. These are the remainder of what I will be making available as untreated wood. The rest of what I have will be cut smaller and sent in for stabilizing.

Click on the photo if you would like to go to the store for a closer look.

Get a 10% discount by using the coupon code forum.
Before checking out be sure to click the link that says view or edit your cart. This is where you can review what has been added to your cart and see how much money you are spending. Toward the bottom of the page you will see a field for a coupon code. Enter the lower case letters forum and then click the GO button. Doing this will apply an additional 10% discount to your order which will be shown in your shopping cart. Now you are ready to check out.

If your order is over $200 after any discounts, the store software will automatically apply another 10% volume discount to your order.

Just a warning:
If more than one person are attempting to buy the same piece the store software will give it to whoever completes check out first. So it is best to add your selections to the shopping cart and check out promptly.

I had in mind some bizarre tribal dance from the title :rofl2: But that wood is gorgeous.

I had in mind some bizarre tribal dance from the title :rofl2: But that wood is gorgeous.
You were correct Will. Here is a video for the less imaginative.
[video=youtube;DfKgb2L7nnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfKgb2L7nnM[/video]

Back