Knives & Stones New Stock: Sukenari AS Gyuto & Kurosaki KU AS Bunka / Santoku 180mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both the Sukenari AS and the Kurosaki Bunka and can attest that they are both awesome cutting machines.

Haven't had the pleasure of placing an order in full with James but his handles and extra treatment only get high praises.

I have both the Sukenari AS and the Kurosaki Bunka and can attest that they are both awesome cutting machines.

Haven't had the pleasure of placing an order in full with James but his handles and extra treatment only get high praises.

Can you or someone else, tell us more about the Sukenari AS . What kind of knife: laser-like, middle range. What about food release. I am interested!

Can you or someone else, tell us more about the Sukenari AS . What kind of knife: laser-like, middle range. What about food release. I am interested!

I have the K tip. It's a very recent acquisition and have had little opportunity to give it a good run. I can say though, that it has a very flat profile (which I love) and is not a laser. It definitely has heft to it (which again, was also what I was looking for) and also has a bit of convexity going on. I'm happy to snap a few pics later if that helps.

I'm sure James can also chime in as he has much better knowledge, me being a newb to this whole J knife thing though..

I have the K tip. It's a very recent acquisition and have had little opportunity to give it a good run. I can say though, that it has a very flat profile (which I love) and is not a laser. It definitely has heft to it (which again, was also what I was looking for) and also has a bit of convexity going on. I'm happy to snap a few pics later if that helps.

I'm sure James can also chime in as he has much better knowledge, me being a newb to this whole J knife thing though..

How tall is it?

I know I am really slow in updating the specs, I will do it today as it is Aussie day today so I finally get some free time to measure up.

Here's the choil shot for the K tip, hope it helps.

Again, I'm sure James will sort you guys out and can help further.

Basically it is a middle weight knife with decent food release. Most of Sukenari knives are pretty much like so. It is not the thinnest knife in the world.

Latest posts

Back