Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Etch logo advise.

The font is cool, but somehow to me it screams "nautical". It looks like the name on the back of a yacht.

You should contact your stencil guy. He probably prefers to do his own fonts, and then you'd be getting a custom stencil!

It's kind of 'artsy' for me Will. Maybe a little too delicate for a working tool. I'd be inclined to add "Herefordshire" as well.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

Thanks me shipmates, arghh no I can't have it looking yaughty. Hereford-England is going underneath for sure now. I'm still font hunting. There are loads of handwriting fonts out there, but 99.9% seem terrible. I'll send the stencil guy what I've got and see what he can come up with.

I've had a rethink.

I think I like this one.

I much prefer that one

i liked the first jsut fins sept it would have lost a bit of "classs" when you have to fatten up the lines to amke it work well an dalso when made small for little knives (you will likely need 2 size and better yet maybe 3 size of logo)

2nd one looks good also but the small font will be lost on a smaller logo

Good point about loosing the small font on the smaller sized versions.

Other than the bizarre "C", that's pretty darn nice.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

Thanks Guys, I'm not sure the size proportions are right on the pic, I just shrank it down somewhere near by eye. The size i've done it, is 38mm x 8mm. Might look far too big on a smaller Petty, thats a very good point. I could make the C slightly smaller and the rest of the name slightly bigger. Or tweak the design slightly for a smaller one. Can't afford to get 3 done at the moment