Quantcast
Etch logo advise. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Etch logo advise.

The font is cool, but somehow to me it screams "nautical". It looks like the name on the back of a yacht.

You should contact your stencil guy. He probably prefers to do his own fonts, and then you'd be getting a custom stencil!

It's kind of 'artsy' for me Will. Maybe a little too delicate for a working tool. I'd be inclined to add "Herefordshire" as well.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Thanks me shipmates, arghh no I can't have it looking yaughty. Hereford-England is going underneath for sure now. I'm still font hunting. There are loads of handwriting fonts out there, but 99.9% seem terrible. I'll send the stencil guy what I've got and see what he can come up with.

I've had a rethink.

I think I like this one.

I much prefer that one

i liked the first jsut fins sept it would have lost a bit of "classs" when you have to fatten up the lines to amke it work well an dalso when made small for little knives (you will likely need 2 size and better yet maybe 3 size of logo)

2nd one looks good also but the small font will be lost on a smaller logo

Good point about loosing the small font on the smaller sized versions.

Other than the bizarre "C", that's pretty darn nice.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Thanks Guys, I'm not sure the size proportions are right on the pic, I just shrank it down somewhere near by eye. The size i've done it, is 38mm x 8mm. Might look far too big on a smaller Petty, thats a very good point. I could make the C slightly smaller and the rest of the name slightly bigger. Or tweak the design slightly for a smaller one. Can't afford to get 3 done at the moment

+ Reply to Thread