Quantcast
Etch logo advise. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Etch logo advise.

Another try
    Proportions are a bit different, the C is less lengthy, (and wacky) with more space for the rest of the letters. Added 2mm on the depth to get the Hereford-England a bit clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbybrocks View Post
    Another try
    Proportions are a bit different, the C is less lengthy, (and wacky) with more space for the rest of the letters. Added 2mm on the depth to get the Hereford-England a bit clearer.

I like it a lot. I think Americans will dig having a knife marked England too.

+1, I like that one a lot.

Yeah that's cool. It might need to be lower, just so the stencil can fit, but the look is very cool.

P.S. my wife likes it too.

Thanks Guys, and Mrs Doughy Your feedback is much appreciated.

I don't mean to sound like the contrarian, but........
    To me Catcheside followed by Hereford - England makes it look like a mass produced item.
    I would lean more toward something like Catcheside Forge - UK
    In my mind this reinforces the fact that it is a forged, hand made knife.
    I would also use a more rustic or old fashioned type.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

I like the old fashioned type idea. In my mind, when I think forged, I don't necessarily think handmade. I think of Henckels and Wusthof being forged, as well. I'd lean toward nothing more than Catcheside or an initial and Catcheside. I don't think I'd be more likely to buy a Devin or an Ealy or a Martell if the blade bore a USA on it. It has nothing to do with what makes it special, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbybrocks View Post
    Thanks Guys, I'm not sure the size proportions are right on the pic, I just shrank it down somewhere near by eye. The size i've done it, is 38mm x 8mm. Might look far too big on a smaller Petty, thats a very good point. I could make the C slightly smaller and the rest of the name slightly bigger. Or tweak the design slightly for a smaller one. Can't afford to get 3 done at the moment
    i have jsut 2 size and lucky for me that looks good 90% of the time IMG image mark has been good to me for gettig my logo made after the firdst art fee if no big changes are done then its jsut the cost of the stencil (shipping costs more most the time )

Thanks Guys, my initial thoughts were to keep it to the Catcheside as its unusual enough to tell you everything you need to know. But i'm happy with the overall design. The Hereford-England is a bit finer on the version Ernie sent back for proof I don't think they will be too prominent, just readable. I'll see what it looks like on a blade, could tweak it slightly on the next sheet add different sizes etc. I'm getting some serial numbers too. I'm sure that, choice of materials, the overall design and price bracket will prevent anyone thinking they're banged out by a line of people. Just gotta build an etching machine now