Quantcast
Misono Swedish steel parer
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Misono Swedish steel parer

Misono Swedish steel parer

Basically, simple question, i want to get myself decent parer.

What would you propose? Is the misono allright, or could I get better for that price?
    I can propably go with any shape and steel if its not banana shaped blade and doesnt cost 300 per inch.

Thanks

I've been on the lookout for a decent parer for ages so this thread interests me. The Hattori FH one looks awesome but is a little pricey. Anyone ever use these Eden Quality knives? Seems like a good deal for VG10. I think I'll give one of these a shot. The Misono prices went up, but the parer ain't so pricey so it might be worth getting

If I had to get an inexpensive parer today, I would get a CarboNEXT.

Thanks TK, it was very helpful. I cannot see any peeler on offer from CN... But I guess its misunderstanding and mixing parer with petty - just like Koki did when I asked him. It aint the same and the shape is completely different I would like to peel with petite.

Stefano, I wouldnt loose 20 quid for Eden, its almost 40 bucks and if you add another 40, theres a knife looking like its going to last...

Anyway I cannot have the heel like it is on Eden, the handle must be smaller than on chefs knife - so not like on Kasumi, but bigger than on Global, so the grip is comfortable under water.

Dojo?

Robert Herder Windmuehlenmesser?

No 134 in Misono Swedish steel on JCK.

That kinda shape. What is Dojo?

Dojo is a very thin, very hard, cladded blade with AS core. They are sold by EE and Cktg.

I bought one of these from CKTG. Seemed appealing, but was very unevenly ground. I have a high tolerance for such things, especially when they otherwise meet my expectations, but it was still annoying.

Thanks a Lot! Do you think it would make it impossible to use it after a while? How was the possible sharpness? The FF? Worth taking overall?

+ Reply to Thread