Quantcast
Is Misono UX10 Worth the Price? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Misono UX10 Worth the Price?

That's funny TK. I, on the other hand have gone back to my Misono moly, since lending out my Rodrigue, and it's as much fun to use as a Carter IP funy in the same length.
    I think Misono had some great deals before, but like Vertigo said, at their current prices, I'll take a pass. The only exception I can think of is if my moly were to get snapped in half/lost/whatever, I'd pick another one up.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad knife and I have less experience with the moly (I sharpened one maybe a year ago or so.) but looking back at the progression of my disease, I don't feel there is a niche it would have filled better than one of the blades I already have. Lefty, I'm a little surprised you like yours as well as a Carter but to each their own. They have nice geometry and profile and sharpen easily for stailess and have nice thick handles.

Remind me. What was the price hike? Does the semi-annual Korin sale compensate for it?

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    It was like 60%. I doubt Korin can match that.

I guess I should explain myself a bit clearer. I love my moly, and it's as nice to use as a Carter, in that it's laser thin (I guess I did tweak it a bit), there is virtually no stiction, and it gets that nice grippy sharp feeling I love so much, in no time flat. BUT, I pick up the Carters I currently have hanging o my rack and look at them, and julienne, dice and brunoise the air like a mofo. The Carters make me think, "ok...I get extra cash in February, so maybe I'll pick another Carter up then", and the Misono just hangs there waiting to plow through whatever it is I'm making. Part of me wishes my moly was carbon, but the fact that it isn't can be very nice as well.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Remind me. What was the price hike? Does the semi-annual Korin sale compensate for it?
    240mm Suji with dragon:
    pre-hike: $126.90
    post-hike: $195

I bought one JUST before the price-hike, but because I bought a bunch of knives at that time, I had to return it. I now regret it because I could really use a carbon suji at 240mm. Oh well. I'm DEFINITELY not going to buy it now.

wow... that's a huge price hike.... there's no way I'm getting a ux10 with 195 bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by karloevaristo View Post
    wow... that's a huge price hike.... there's no way I'm getting a ux10 with 195 bucks...
    That was the carbon steel verson. The UX10 is much more expensive.

Yeah, the price hike hit shortly after I started really getting into J-knives. I'd been hearing good stuff about the UX10s but my finances weren't too great at the time so I tried to keep things cheaper and maybe try one out later. Now there's no way though--Korin currently lists a 240 UX10 suji at $306!
    - Erik

A UX10 240mm gyuto(the standard by which all knives are compared)...is $338, after shipping, from Korin.

Absurd!

+ Reply to Thread