Quantcast
Is Misono UX10 Worth the Price?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Misono UX10 Worth the Price?

Is Misono UX10 Worth the Price?

Recently the price of the Misono UX10 went up and I want to know if it is still worth the knew price. The 210mm Gyuto is about 240.00. I have read a ton about these knives and the seemed extremely popular a few years ago. If they are no longer worth it does anyone have an suggestions of a knife that is better than the Misono?

carbonext, tkc, konosuke hd, yoshikane, dt itk...the list is very long haha

I totally know why you asked. It is a heavier knife, and withstands serious abuse. If the price were left where it was, I"d totally have suggested you get one.

But at the price it's at now, you should probably get something else.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    But at the price it's at now, you should probably get something else.
    Truth. I handed in my Misono Fanboy card last April (or May?) when they hiked their prices. When my Dragon dies, it won't be replaced.

ux10 was barely worth the old price. at the new price, most certainly not.

NO

Every time I see one of these threads, I remember how close I came to buying a Misono as my first japanese knife. I've since used, fixed and sharpened several and every time, I feel good all over again for never buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    NO
    +1
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Every time I see one of these threads, I remember how close I came to buying a Misono as my first japanese knife. I've since used, fixed and sharpened several and every time, I feel good all over again for never buying one.
    ya i owned a 270mm sweedish sujihiki and it wasn't bad. i would compare it to the fujiwara in profile and usability. the only difference was a chunk of change and the misono was muuuuuuch more reactive
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"