New Member from Cali

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pd7077

Reaction score
I've been lurking the forum for a while, and I finally decided to join now that I'm slowly getting into this crazy world of knives. I have already learned quite a bit from the past few months of reading, and I look forward to learning even more. Looks like this should be a fun journey!

Thanks for the welcome. Long story short, my in-laws were visiting for the holidays, and they went to town on our current set of knives...an old set of Shun KO's we received as a wedding gift 8 years ago. My wife felt so bad that she ended up buying me a Masakage Koishi 240 gyuto and a Tanaka NAS 170 bunka. She's got a great way of saying "I'm sorry." Lol. I haven't received the knives yet because they're getting rehandled. I'm hoping to have them in my hands in a few weeks. Those two knives should cover most of my needs, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be in the market for a petty (probably 150mm) soon. In the meantime, I've been reading up and watching vids on sharpening. I've been practicing on my old knives, and I'm slowly catching on.

Thanks for the warm welcome. To make a long story short, my in-laws were visiting for the holidays, and they did a number in our knives...an old set of Shun KOs that we received as a wedding gift 8 years ago. My wife felt so bad that she ended up buying me 2 new knives: a Masakage Koishi 240 gyuto and a Takeda NAS 170 bunka. Yep, she's really good at saying "I'm sorry." Lol. I don't actually have the knives yet as they're currently getting re-handled. Those two knives cover most of what I need, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be on the hunt for a 150 petty in the near future. In the meantime, I've been reading/watching vids to learn how to sharpen. I've been practicing on my old knives, and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Quite odd. My username magically changed from pd7077 to huskaromaha. Hopefully the mods can switch my name back. Ironically, I did live in Omaha for a few years. Anyhow, thanks for the welcomes.

Welcome to KKF, pd. Which knives do you have? Which ones do you want?
Due to some unfortunate mishaps (that ended up working in my favor) by my in-laws when they were visiting over the holidays, my wife bought me a Masakage Koishi 240 and a Takeda NAS 170 bunka. Those should pretty much cover most of my needs in the kitchen (home cook), but I'm pretty sure that I will be in the market for a 150 petty in the near future.

Welcome! Quite a few Californians here...which part are you in?
Bay Area...San Jose

Name is good again. Doing some housecleaning backstage, knew it was the wrong click as soon as I had done it.

Howdy as well, Used to live in San Jose, across from the mystery house, I'm farther south now :p

Hopefully you didn't have the misfortune of taking the tour...lol. I haven't been to SB in a while. We don't usually get past Paso Robles. Love what they're doing at the vineyards there, and I hear it's similar in SB.

Back