Quantcast
Why the repetition repetition?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the repetition repetition?

Why the repetition repetition?

I've noticed this happens a lot.
    I don't know about initial posts, but there is an annoying software(?) issue that automatically duplicates words when posting replys. Any fix?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I haven't ever seen it in my own replies.

Doesn't happen all the time ....seems kind of random. Even if you go back and delete the word(s), then re-insert it, still duplicates.
    I realize it seems petty, but it annoys the crap outta me.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I have noticed it on other people's posts. Weird...

Drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Drugs?
    If by drugs you mean alcohol...

I've never noticed it, but then again, I have to wear a crash helmet to brush my teeth.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

IF a hardware reset does not solve the problem, sticky key board or Could be a Resident virus, tht does not damage to your data , change files or delete them with the only intention to irritate you.

Best to do a scan with an anti-virus software. Hv been using a free Avg version for years and manage to detect all the threats.. I normally go to www.ninite.com select the shareware/ freeware software and it downloads all those selected adn installs them.

good luck

rgds
    d

No it's not just me...I have seen it in other people's posts as well. My pc is as clean as the proverbial whistle.

then cld be some other software running..

a) install ccleaner software ( freeware again ) from the same site.

b) run the cleaner adn you will be surprised at hom much rubbish has been accumulated and windows doer not clear it at all. WIll speed up your machine. At the same time you can stipulate which software you want to boot up when windows boots up.

c) under tools run check registry adn will resolve on conflicts .

d) You might as well download defraggler also. After deleting all teh temp and unused files, ( can be a few hundred MB) there will be a empty spaces on teh hard disk. Defraggler will make all the data files contiguous so that it will be a faster read..

I hope that it solves your problem... Worse case scenario, your Windows bootup will be faster and not so sluggish.. NOthing to lose..

On the Mac platform.. the software is.. " Clean my Mac"..
    ENjoy

rgds

D

THis is a necessary as other wise, WIndows will crawl.

I often type a word twice....why? I'm crazy

I haven't seen this problem myself Dave but I'll keep an eye out for it.