Thread: Has anyone tried this yanagi?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Has anyone tried this yanagi?

http://korin.com/Shiro-ko-Kasumi-Yan...category=17250

Does anyone own it or has anyone used it? Good starter yanagi?

Picked up a 300 used on FF a few years ago. No bevel issues. Sent it to Dave for a tune up & it's been fine ever since. Decent enough knife if you're not doing sashimi every day.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I was just telling someone yesterday that I always enjoy working on Korin's housebranded knives. Funny thing is that we've been told that they're Suisin made yet I don't feel the same way for Suisin's own knives. I wonder if this yanagiba is a Suisin or something else.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

So for the price it seems like a pretty good deal. Dave, how do you think they compare to Yoshihiro yanagibas?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    So for the price it seems like a pretty good deal. Dave, how do you think they compare to Yoshihiro yanagibas?
    I can't say that I recall working on any Yoshihiro yanagibas so I can't compare. The problem for me is that I often don;t know who some of the makers are or where the knives were made.

I am curious with this one also....It is a great deal. How would this one compare to a Masamoto KK 300? I plan on buying one of these soon....