Which Staub Knob?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'd like to rehandle my... Staub.

I have a couple round matte black La Cocotte with the brass knob which I'd leave as-is, but my 6.7L / 7qt. oval matte black La Cocotte is a good candidate.

They make a Rooster, Snail, Fish, Pig, Cow and Rabbit. I think I like the Rooster the most and it would make my oval La Cocotte like a larger Coq au Vin (I think Staub only makes them in the 5qt. range).
436-1000-.png

So the question is which would you choose and why? The only thing I dislike about the Cow is that it doesn't appear to look symmetrical unlike the others, or else it'd probably be my second choice followed by the rabbit because it looks like it'd be easy to lift up and clean too.

440-1000-.png

441-1000-.png

442-1000-.png

880-1000-.png

883-1000-.png

958-1000-.png

Don't buy any, waste of money, take funds saved from new knob and invest in a quality knife. Might I recommend a decent cleaver or a HHH Scmitar

The cow definitely appears to be the most laid back...I'd probably go with that.

I have an oval Coq au Vin with the rooster. Makes it really easy to lift the lid. I'm with chinacats though, I like the cow. Forget about Godslayer, this about adding a little bling to your cookware. :lol2:

If you are 100% set on using your money in such a fashion, pig is the only option.

I hope you are filled with joy every time you handle that ****.

Get one to match each animal of the Chinese zodiac, and change it out yearly. Year of the rooster just started this past weekend.

This Creuset user is feeling knob envy.

They're interchangeable...

Yes, I've seen pics where Staub knobs are on LC:
15048067_684574291741345_6721650678965469184_n.jpg

I'm still a fan of the Jacques Pepin knob, I'm gonna be making arrangements to get one as they're only sold as SLT and they only take USA credit cards or money orders for international orders... will probably the best $30 I've ever spent
15251829_211145789327937_416171782542721024_n.jpg

Almost surprised no one on this forum has a 300 dollar custom damascus pan knob fixed with a custom mosaic screw... ;)

Almost surprised no one on this forum has a 300 dollar custom damascus pan knob fixed with a custom mosaic screw... ;)

Now that's an idea! Haha but in all seriousness, that would be something that this forum would totally support.

well it does take the makers a while to figure out things like this. Still waiting to see Randy roll out a damascus wok :biggrin:

The snail is so French haha.

My vote would be fish then chicken but that Pepin knob is the nicest.

Update… thanks to the help of KKF members, I got the Jacques Pépin Collection Decorative Chicken Knob for Staub Cookware. Here it is on my oval 7qt cocotte
FB921B1F-83FC-4FD8-986E-6377B24D2B81_zpsaidabypz.jpg

I only did my oval one, and don't plan on doing the round ones.

Thats an awesome knob. Congratulations!

Lars

The cow, because it is staring into my soul. Or Pepin, pure gangsta.

Looks good! I'm really glad I stumbled across the Jacques Pepin one as the antique brass is a perfect match for the matte black I have, which already have brass for consistency

Back