• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tanaka R2 wa-handle 210mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

augerpro

Reaction score
This is from Chubo a couple years ago when they quit putting Kanji on for awhile. Walnut handle. Sharpened once and touched up on a 6k once or twice after that. I've had a few Tanakas and always felt the damascus etching robbed performance so I had Jon at JKI polish this one. Goes through food, well, like a laser now! Has a couple scuffs from normal use. $300 shipped. CONUS only, Paypal only.

No choil shot, but it's a Tanaka R2, so it's super thin

Wow, a couple years ago a Tanaka R2 wa-handle was almost a unicorn, now no takers...Price dropped to $275

Is it my breath?

Price dropped to $250!!!

Surprised its still here. Awesome knife. GLWS

Yeah I'm surprised too! BTW if anyone likes the original damascus pattern, you can easily have it re-etched to show up again. I liked the look, but performance is better with it polished.

New pic because photobucket are extortionists:

Jilyl8f.jpg

Back