Hi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMK64

Reaction score
Hi All, nice forum!

I've used a Chinese cleaver style knife for many years and since about 8 years ago, I started to use Japanese style Santoku knives starting with a Shun. We took a few trips to Japan and bought more along the way but sadly, I never really take care of my knives and they get banged up, beat up all the time. Santoku is NOT for chopping fish back bones... nor for cutting frozen fishballs.... unlike a Chinese cleaver...

That said, I'm hooked on the Santoku style knives. But maybe I'll give a Bunka a try. No clue.... I do the Push-Cut so do I need a Santoku or the Bunka.... The Chinese Cleaver is a one stop shop but the weight is no fun...

Nice to see so many knife enthusiasts!

Welcome to the forum, as you may have noticed your first few posts have to be manually approved. This is why you did not see your posts go live right away.

Welcome to the forum, as you may have noticed your first few posts have to be manually approved. This is why you did not see your posts go live right away.

Sorry about that.... :p

No problem it's new measures we have been taking to stop spammers. We will make an announcement later, not your fault at all.

Welcome aboard. Lots of great knowledge, great people and mostly friendly banter ;)

Back