• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lamb splitter, Watanabe sake deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
Due to interest, here is one of the best condition lamb splitters I've seen anywhere. It is stamped Enderes, and has a thick 12" cutting edge. The blade height is pretty big even for these I think, 2.75" high at the heel and a little over 3" at the widest. It weighs almost 2 lbs.
There are no cracks in the handle, and it is very solid. The bevel and finish is great, and was touched up by Dave a little over a year ago. I have used it with ribs and young coconut, but it is so tough you can't even tell (still sharp). You won't find a better example of this knife.
Lamb splitter $125 shipped CONUS

The next knife is a great condition sakekiri deba by Watanabe in blue#2 steel. Sakekiri are thinner than normal deba but thicker than funayuki. They have a little more blade height than deba, and are built to be real work knives. It is 240mm long, which is a great size for this type of deba designed for soft fish like salmon. I have used it on salmon and cod, and it is the real deal. It is easier to use than a 240mm deba.
Sakekiri $200 shipped

Right click View image for full size

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

Cough Cough.... I think this one still holds the title of best splitter
121d0957.png

Buts that's still a very nice one you have there. If it don't sale here eBay it, they go over 200.00 every time.

Perhaps. There's one on there now that's pretty ratty looking, and advertised as a 13" even though the ruler picture shows it's only 12"... :scratchhead:Not sure why you'd do that.

Back