every day carry

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what do you have to have on you at all times when you leave the house?

mine is just basic, but i know some of you are freaks! so real curious what kind of weird sh*t ya'll carry.

>i still use a nokia phone (the very last flagship in their existence) and
>listen to music with a walkman with retro looking headfones, fischer oldskool'70
>living in florida, gotta have shades, maui jim freight trains
>watch - hamilton khaki field quartz
>pocket knife - al mar eagle ultralight
>flashlight - fenix e05 (keep this one on my keychain, very convenient)
>and of course gotta have my smokes, camel crush

WP_20170204_13_12_05_Pro_zpszsj6teod.jpg~original

Depends on if it's a week day or weekend.

Week day:

Backpack containing the following:

Laptop/tablet thingy.
Smart phone - I use to tether above thingy and get work/reading done on the train (between 1.5 and 2 hour commute each way)
Car keys
Train ticket
Watch
Clutch containing cash, credit cards, driver's license etc.
Kramer mod headphones (my entire music library is loaded on my laptop)
Optional - packed lunch and/or breakfast. I'm on the train at 6am which is too early to think about eating.
Oh, and fresh ground coffee for my personal coffee maker at work.

Weekend:

Purse containing the following:
Clutch (transferred from backpack)
Phone (transferred from backpack)
Car keys (transferred from backpack)
Watch

Purse usually has an assortment of pens/notepad in it so I can jot down lists for shopping, errands, etc.

I usually have a paperback in the laptop bag as well come to think of it.

No matter when or where:
Backpack with:
-Macbook Pro... it has even gone to the mountains a couple of times...
-paper, blue and red pens (I don't feel safe if I don't have something to scribble with if something comes to my mind... I know I will forget it otherwise)
-lip balm and kleenex (try to live without that here in Alberta)
-my glasses

Also my wallet, phone (old BlackBerry) and wireless over-the-ear-headphones that double as ear pads for the COLD.

Keys
Wallet
Carbon Opinel No. 4
Iphone

Lars

capt, what city you work in? when i lived in DC my commute was also 1.5hrs. 45m drive to station in northern virginia, 45m on the rail into the city.

forgot about wallet, thought that was a given. have had burberry one for 5 years strong now.
burberry-black-brit-check-hipfold-wallet-product-1-3785278-738820623_large_flex.jpeg

doesnt get much wear and tear, probably cause there's never more than $20 in it at any time :D

capt, what city you work in? when i lived in DC my commute was also 1.5hrs. 45m drive to station in northern virginia, 45m on the rail into the city.

I work on Michigan ave in Chicago but commute from far out in the burbs. 5m drive to train station, 70-85m train ride in and 15-20m walk to my office. Time of commute changes depending if I can get an express train or not.

Phone, case doubles as my wallet.
Single car key

#TravelLight

I work on Michigan ave in Chicago but commute from far out in the burbs. 5m drive to train station, 70-85m train ride in and 15-20m walk to my office. Time of commute changes depending if I can get an express train or not.

All of a sudden I cherish my 50 minutes in NJ potholed traffic hell....

This is one thing I don't miss about living in the city. I have a 15 to 25 minute drive depending on where I'm working that day. Or 25 to 45 minutes on the (pedal) bike.

Meh. It is what it is. Combine a once in a lifetime job offer with finding a good school district for DD and not making DH's commute hell and that's where you land. Me and thousands of other commuters every day.

Plus 85m in a train is VERY different than 85m in traffic.

Sure enough, time in a train can even be productive whereas I wish you luck trying to be productive while driving or in a bus.
Meh. It is what it is. Combine a once in a lifetime job offer with finding a good school district for DD and not making DH's commute hell and that's where you land. Me and thousands of other commuters every day.

Plus 85m in a train is VERY different than 85m in traffic.

This is one thing I don't miss about living in the city. I have a 15 to 25 minute drive depending on where I'm working that day. Or 25 to 45 minutes on the (pedal) bike.

Aus "country". If only parking was free in Canberra... 45min bus ride or 15 min drive...

As for everyday carry... phone, wallet, sunnies and keys for me.... admittedly our laws around concealed weapons are a lot stricker than the US

Phone, keys, cardholder type wallet, Nicorette nicotine spray, Von Zippers.

No, still getting a hang of the Sennheiser momentum on ears I picked up in January. That and the AKG k271 still get a ton of use by everyone in the house my six year old included.

4557f3e8f033a6249e1c.png

Wallet
Watch
Polarized sunglasses (rotate between Maui Jim Freight Trains and my Persol, Tom Ford, etc)
Whatever book I'm currently reading
Baseball cap (also on rotation)
Phone
Headphones
Keys

Color is off in the photo. Cap is olive green.

4557f3e8f033a6249e1c.png

Wallet
Watch
Polarized sunglasses (rotate between Maui Jim Freight Trains and my Persol, Tom Ford, etc)
Whatever book I'm currently reading
Baseball cap (also on rotation)
Phone
Headphones
Keys

Color is off in the photo. Cap is olive green.

Storm trooper key ring. Nice!

carry_zpsqfqyqedy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm a lightweight. I 5 S (smallest phone I could find), wallet w/ permit, .32 Beretta Tomcat/ w power balls, (Small but effective.) keys, cigs and lighter.
I'd like to go on record as being a gun toting liberal.

what do you have to have on you at all times when you leave the house?

mine is just basic, but i know some of you are freaks! so real curious what kind of weird sh*t ya'll carry.

>i still use a nokia phone (the very last flagship in their existence) and
>listen to music with a walkman with retro looking headfones, fischer oldskool'70
>living in florida, gotta have shades, maui jim freight trains
>watch - hamilton khaki field quartz
>pocket knife - al mar eagle ultralight
>flashlight - fenix e05 (keep this one on my keychain, very convenient)
>and of course gotta have my smokes, camel crush

WP_20170204_13_12_05_Pro_zpszsj6teod.jpg~original

The Nokia partially explains your sh**** texting skills...

I am also of the gun toting liberal ilk. Well, I rarely tote it, but my .40 Sig 226 always has 15 rounds of hollowpoints ready to rock at the homestead.

Back