Thread: Has anyone tried this yanagi?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Has anyone tried this yanagi?

http://korin.com/Shiro-ko-Kasumi-Yan...category=17250

Does anyone own it or has anyone used it? Good starter yanagi?

Picked up a 300 used on FF a few years ago. No bevel issues. Sent it to Dave for a tune up & it's been fine ever since. Decent enough knife if you're not doing sashimi every day.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

I was just telling someone yesterday that I always enjoy working on Korin's housebranded knives. Funny thing is that we've been told that they're Suisin made yet I don't feel the same way for Suisin's own knives. I wonder if this yanagiba is a Suisin or something else.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

So for the price it seems like a pretty good deal. Dave, how do you think they compare to Yoshihiro yanagibas?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    So for the price it seems like a pretty good deal. Dave, how do you think they compare to Yoshihiro yanagibas?
    I can't say that I recall working on any Yoshihiro yanagibas so I can't compare. The problem for me is that I often don;t know who some of the makers are or where the knives were made.

I am curious with this one also....It is a great deal. How would this one compare to a Masamoto KK 300? I plan on buying one of these soon....