Quantcast
Shigefusa 240 Gyuto $400 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shigefusa 240 Gyuto $400

Psh. That's seriously 5 minutes work to fix. I've had weeks where I don't have time to take my knife to the stones till there's about 11 of those.

Anybody who is on the fence about this, get off. It's a fantastic knife.

I'll take it.

James

With great mixed feelings, this is pending.

Thanks everyone -
    Approach life and cooking with reckless abandon

Thanks for talking me into it guys, I'm sure this will be a great knife. @ Dave yeah I have a weak spot for tokifusa's work and it will go well with my other two, the only thing that gave me pause was I have a Delbert Ealy in the works, hopefully the two knives will be different enough so as I don't get bored with one.

Sold! thanks Hekler.

Now I have to figure out what to sell next... Dave's knife is going to come sooner or later, then Pierre's, then Devin's... Maybe I should just get another magnetic knife rack
    Approach life and cooking with reckless abandon

Quote Originally Posted by The hekler View Post
    Okay I'll bite, PM sent
    You made all the shige junkies trying to avoid this post very happy... And all of the newbies looking for a 1st good knife who will find this post too late very sad.

That "chip" is pretty much a non issue. You can either take a few minutes and fix it, or just ignore it and let it fad away naturally in a couple sharpenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    You made all the shige junkies trying to avoid this post very happy... And all of the newbies looking for a 1st good knife who will find this post too late very sad.

That "chip" is pretty much a non issue. You can either take a few minutes and fix it, or just ignore it and let it fad away naturally in a couple sharpenings.
    Thanks as a shige junkie myself I just couldn't resist. I figured as much about the chip but it's great to here from more experienced people that it won't be a problem.

As there is no feedback section on the b/s/t I guess it would be best to leave my experiance doing business with Josh here. All PMs were answered promptly, payment was easy, shipping was fast from canada ~ 5 business days, knife was exactly as described/pictured, and the packaging was sturdy and protected the knife without incident. All in all a flawless transaction from my point of view I don't know if Josh puts items up for sale often but I would not hesitate to recomend buying from him on the future, hope this helps anyone looking to buy from Josh in the future.

Very nice follow up by you, hekler.

Oh yeah, heckler. Great feedback. I stay off the forums a few days and miss this stunning deal from a great guy. thanks for rubbing it in.