• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa 240 Gyuto $400

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
Hi - putting up my Shigefusa one more time. Nothing wrong with the knife, I just have 225 on the way, and way too many 240 Gyuto's. I have the original box. This is a fantastic deal for a Canadian, price includes shipping in Canada and the US with a tracking number.

Forced mustard patina, does not leave brown on onion, or smells. IMG_5646.jpgIMG_5644.jpgIMG_5645.jpg
pencil.png

Bump! Omg.
Someone frickin buy this already... Amazing price. I have a 270 kitaji w/ Marko handle and I'm
even tempted just based on price and availability.

I would have 100% bought this a week ago. It's exactly what i was looking for but i couldn't find one so i bought a Carter. Bummer

I dont think that ending up with a Carter is ever a bummer. I would say that my shige and carter are actually my two most similar knives in terms of cutting performance. I really hope this one finds a great new home. I would have soiled myself out of glee if i had seen this sale a couple years ago.

Bump! Omg.
Someone frickin buy this already... Amazing price. I have a 270 kitaji w/ Marko handle and I'm
even tempted just based on price and availability.

i already have a 240 Kasumi Shig (with a Keller handle, in my case), and i was tempted, too. glad you seem to be taking the temptation off the table. :)

Nice catch. I had sold my 225 kasumi to Josh before I had seen it (btw, it's now with Dave) and I don't think I would have had the strength to sell it after ogling it for a bit, really a very nice looking knife. I didn't want to cut things with it, but it feels just right in terms of heft and balance. So, getting a 240 can't be a mistake, especially not without wait and for a good price.

Stefan

Gents,
Thanks for the bumps and kind words!

I'm embarrassed to clarify an expectation that I incorrectly set. There is a chip on the knife. I'm no master sharpener, but IMHO, this chip can be easily sharpened out - I've tried to take a picture or two of the chip using the macro setting on my knife. The terms of sale will not change - It's a steal!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You call that a chip?? A tiny ding is more like it!

Psh. That's seriously 5 minutes work to fix. I've had weeks where I don't have time to take my knife to the stones till there's about 11 of those.

Anybody who is on the fence about this, get off. It's a fantastic knife.

With great mixed feelings, this is pending.

Thanks everyone -

Thanks for talking me into it guys, I'm sure this will be a great knife. @ Dave yeah I have a weak spot for tokifusa's work and it will go well with my other two, the only thing that gave me pause was I have a Delbert Ealy in the works, hopefully the two knives will be different enough so as I don't get bored with one.

Sold! thanks Hekler.

Now I have to figure out what to sell next... Dave's knife is going to come sooner or later, then Pierre's, then Devin's... Maybe I should just get another magnetic knife rack

Okay I'll bite, PM sent

You made all the shige junkies trying to avoid this post very happy... And all of the newbies looking for a 1st good knife who will find this post too late very sad.

That "chip" is pretty much a non issue. You can either take a few minutes and fix it, or just ignore it and let it fad away naturally in a couple sharpenings.

You made all the shige junkies trying to avoid this post very happy... And all of the newbies looking for a 1st good knife who will find this post too late very sad.

That "chip" is pretty much a non issue. You can either take a few minutes and fix it, or just ignore it and let it fad away naturally in a couple sharpenings.

Thanks as a shige junkie myself I just couldn't resist. I figured as much about the chip but it's great to here from more experienced people that it won't be a problem.

As there is no feedback section on the b/s/t I guess it would be best to leave my experiance doing business with Josh here. All PMs were answered promptly, payment was easy, shipping was fast from canada ~ 5 business days, knife was exactly as described/pictured, and the packaging was sturdy and protected the knife without incident. All in all a flawless transaction from my point of view I don't know if Josh puts items up for sale often but I would not hesitate to recomend buying from him on the future, hope this helps anyone looking to buy from Josh in the future.

Oh yeah, heckler. Great feedback. I stay off the forums a few days and miss this stunning deal from a great guy.:eek2: thanks for rubbing it in.

Oh yeah, heckler. Great feedback. I stay off the forums a few days and miss this stunning deal from a great guy.:eek2: thanks for rubbing it in.

Heirkb has another 240 shige gyuto for sale at the moment. A little more than this one, but still a good deal.

Heirkb has another 240 shige gyuto for sale at the moment. A little more than this one, but still a good deal.

It's thinner than this one and comes with a saya, too :whistling:

Ok ok, enough out of me...

Back